Your options for contacting us
1. About us:
2. Who can we collect data from
3. Types of information we collect
We want to make it clear what type of information we might collect about you. Since we are dating platform, all those information help us to give you better service and relevant matches so you can find what you’re looking for.
“Personal information” is any information that we could use to identify an individual. It does not include personal information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information.
“Sensitive personal information” is information that meets the “personal information” criteria and also a.) reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or b.) concerns health or sex life or information on criminal or administrative proceedings other than in the context of pending legal proceedings.
So when you visit and/or register to our Site we may collect the following information to optimize performance of the Site and provide better Services:
- Account creation information
- Other information, images and content you may determine to provide to us
- Your IP address
- Information on the device you use to connect to the Site including your device’s identification number and software used
- Profile viewing history and your interactions and messages with other users on the Site
- Data relating to your interactions with advertisements on the Site
- Information from cookies (or similar technology for mobile devices) stored on your device about your use of the Site and/or some third party websites
- Technical information from your device
- Location information
We will explain this further so you fully understand why and how your data is being collected and for what purpose.
4. Information that we collect about you
The purpose of you joining here is to find new connections with other members, and we can’t help you do that without getting some data both about you and the type of person you are looking for. Also, through your everyday activities on the Site, we will collect further information about your usage and the usage of members around you, in the hopes of creating a match. We will go into some more detail about the data we collect, store, and process below.
Information and data that you give to us:
Personal information. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. When you create a profile and account, you supply some details that are necessary to uniquely identify yourself and allow you to access the site in future sessions. This includes identifying information, such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (for example valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown, country etc for better matching possibilities.
Additional information. After creating your profile, you have the option to share additional information about yourself in the hopes of attracting the type of people with whom you wish to match. This data can include your personality, physical appearance, hobbies and interests, and entertainment preferences. You also have the option of adding photos to your profile, sometimes allowing us access to your mobile device to upload them. Some of the data you can optionally provide to us may be considered special or sensitive in some jurisdictions, such as your political affiliation, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. Providing this information is completely optional, and by providing any of it you consent to our processing of this data.
Payment information. If you choose to upgrade your account to Premium status on our website (and not one of our mobile applications), you will need to provide us (our Internal Payment Processor) or one of our payment service providers with payment data such as your debit/credit card number or other financial data. Sensitive payment data such as this is not stored by us indefinitely, but rather kept with our payment partners, who are fully certified to securely store this information for possible future purchases and rebills.
Customer services. If you contact our customer service team, either by our contact form, live chat or phone, a record is kept of your interaction in order to better service your account.
Other information. We store preferences that you supply us for your account settings under My Account, such as which types of email communication you prefer to receive, your billing status and history, which types of members can contact you, and your internal notification feed options. We also keep a record of the last member search you performed as your default search, and you can save specific common searches you want to perform often for your convenience. We store and process your communications with other members, including flirts and messages sent to and from these members. This includes other site communication and connection features, like our Introduction Service and Rapid Match.
Information supplied to us by others:
Our Partners. Sometimes, our partners will offer to create your profile on our site using information they have about your account on their own site or application. This method of account creation is always done on an explicitly opt-in basis (i.e. you must tell our partner site you want to create a profile on our site or application). We collect, store and process this data with the same security and care we do for data you supply us directly.
Information and data collected as you use the website:
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or promotional or other e-mail messages or to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
5. How We Use Your Data
- deliver the products and services that you have requested so you can meet your dating goals;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content;
- communicate with you by e-mail, and/ or mobile devices about services that may be of interest to you either from us, or our other companies or third parties;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity on our sites and applications. We use data from all members with an internally developed fraud detection system in order to detect and eliminate bad actors from our service;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site as well as offers to join trusted partner dating sites quickly and easily through cross-registration;
- to be sure we are compliant with all legal requirements in all our operating jurisdictions and enforce our terms and conditions. This includes providing law enforcement with information they officially request from our records;
- to improve our products and services in general so you have the best possible chance to find a perfect match.
IMPORTANT: Your username will be associated with all activities you undertake on the Site including, without limitation, messages sent and other content or information you may determine to post or share. Your gender information help other users find you. Your gender preference(s) will be used to help identify other users that may be of interest to you. Your IP addresses, device data, and other use information are used by us in order to optimize our site for use. Your usage history may also be used to help our internal algorithm to recommend other Site users to you.
6. Who has access to information about you
When we store information in our own systems, only the people who need it have access. Our management team have access to everything you’ve provided, but individual employees have access to only what they need to do their job.
7. How we share data and information with other partners, including third parties.
First and foremost, by creating your profile and sharing information about yourself, you are in turn sharing that information with other users on the Site. As we cannot control what other users do with the data you share, please only add information to your profile that you are comfortable sharing with the public. In your Data Panel on the Site, you will find options to limit which members can and cannot send you messages.
- Sensitive personal data like your supplied gender will help other users find you. Your gender seeking preference(s) will be used to help identify other users that may be of interest to you.
- Sometimes it is necessary to share data with trusted third-party service providers and vendors to provide you better services. Some examples of this would be our payment service providers, in order to facilitate payments for Premium access, and our email validation service, which lets us know if you provided us with a valid email address. We will never sell your personal data to a third party under any circumstances. We take much care in ensuring that our few data partners follow best practices for safeguarding data, and encourage you to reach out to our customer support team if you have any questions regarding this.
- In some cases, we make your profile visible on other brands within our network of dating websites and applications (our Community). These are simply brand extensions of the Site, with the same database of users on each of these other websites and applications. This is only done for marketing purposes, usually to account for differences in terminology for certain interests in different locations.
- With your explicit permission, we will sometimes share the information you have provided us with other websites or applications that are wholly owned by our company, in order to set up a profile on that website or application for you. This is to give you the best possible chance to make a meaningful connection and enlarge your dating pool in other similar-niche websites and applications. It is enabled through cross registration process. We ONLY do this with your express consent and instruction, such as when you opt-in at the time of profile creation, or when you choose to upgrade your membership.
- We use internal service providers which are sometimes passed your account data. Some examples of this would be our internal fraud detection system, which helps to eliminate bad actors on our network of websites and applications, and our internal ad serving system, which uses your demographic and interest data to show you relevant advertisements on the service. In all these cases, this data is completely retained within the company and safeguarded with the same high level of care your data is on the Site.
- If we are ever involved in a merger or sale, control of your data may transfer to a new company or website. This will be fully disclosed to you in advance if this situation occur. You will be notified via email.
- We reserve the right to share any and all account information with law enforcement or agencies authorized by applicable governmental authorities either in response to their written request or at our own election should we believe, in our sole discretion, that you or your account may be involved with illegal activity, or if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Site, our users, and/or one or more third parties.
- Sometimes, it may become necessary to share data if that disclosure could mitigate our liability in a lawsuit, either filed or threatened. This could also happen if we need to protect the legal rights of either ourselves or of our users, or to investigate or take action regarding perceived illegal activity or fraud.
8. Your Rights Regarding Your Data
- You have the right to add, modify or delete data any time you want. You are the boss of your account. This will enable you to tailor exactly what others see about you at any time.
- You have the right to download an export of all the information we are currently storing in relation to your account.
- You have the right to configure your device settings to allow the level of access to your data that you choose, from the configuration options available on your specific device(s), browsers, etc. Please note that some configurations may not allow you full access to all our site features.
- You typically have the right to fully delete your information from our site and database permanently, barring a few extenuating conditions. For more information on this, please see Section 12 below.
- In some countries and jurisdictions, including the EU, you have the right to lodge an official complaint with an applicable data protection authority. Please consult the data protection rules of your country of residence for more information about the availability of this option.
9. Use Of Your Email For Triggered Notifications And Promotional Marketing
An important part of your membership is being notified of specific triggered events and special promotions that will maximize your chances of a successful dating experience on the website. We use an internal email marketing system to send you these notifications as part of your membership.
- Some examples of triggered events would be notification of a matching member coming online in your area, or a nearby match uploading a new photo, or photo request. In these cases, your personal information is used to match with others to generate these events and send you an email notification. You will also receive our matching mails, flirts, private messages, non-promotional offers, abandoned mailers, icebreakers etc which are part of our dating platform strategy so you can find what you looking faster and easier.
- Examples of special promotional emails may be a special introductory monthly offer at a steeply discounted price, or a discounted trial offer based on an action you previously attempted that requires Premium membership. The type of promotion sent determines which personal information is processed to generate the email.
- You can select exactly what kind of emails you want to receive from us at any time inside your Email Preferences. We store your preferences there until you tell us you want to change them again. Also, you can choose to stop receiving all emails from us by using the Unsubscribe link that is embedded in every email that we send you.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us. You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and account information, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your email preferences directly with that third party.
10. Protection For Your Personal Data And Information
11. Retention And Deletion Of Your Data
Your account can be deleted permanently if you make a request or choose that option in data panel. This is also known as a “right to be forgotten”. Please be advised that in some instances, such as compliance with applicable laws, or in order to police fraud on our site more effectively, we may not be able to completely comply with your request. We will advise you upon your request if this is the case, and let you know the reason we cannot fully comply, as well as which data points we will need to retain. Please also note that while data may be fully and permanently erased from production (live) servers quickly, you should allow up to 30 days for data stored on backup servers to be fully deleted.